By now, many of you have heard the wonderful news about the passage of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and how music is now being listed as a stand-alone subject. While we celebrate this success, we encourage all of our members, industry leaders and parents to join with us in continuing state and local advocacy follow-on work.
NAfME is offering a free webinar providing you insight into ESSA while also highlighting advocacy resources provided to you as you prepare for state and school district implementation.
Date: March 1, 2016 at 4pm Eastern.
To Register, click here: http://bit.ly/ESSAwebinar
- Chris Woodside, Assistant Executive Director, Center for Advocacy and Constituency Engagement
- Lynn Tuttle, Senior Regulatory Policy Advisor
- Shannon Kelly, Director, Advocacy
- Thomas Stefaniak, Director, Constituency Engagement and Organizational Development
- Learn "what is ESSA?"
- Learn about NAfME's advocacy activities related to ESSA over the past several years.
- Understand how music education is addressed in ESSA and what specific funding streams are available.
- Find out how to spread the word and effectively advocate for enhanced music education funding in your state or school district through ESSA.
- Access NAfME's ESSA resources and learn how to get involved in our annual Collegiate Advocacy Summit.
- For nonmembers, learn about the wealth of NAfME member benefits.